Services Offered by Your Better Business Bureau
The Better Business Bureau believes that a business community committed to ethical business practices, coupled with an educated and informed public, are the keys to fairness and honesty in the marketplace. The primary service offered by the BBB is to promote the business/customer relationship.
- As a member of the Better Business Bureau, a company may enjoy the privilege to display a visible sign of their commitment to high standards. The membership plaque and decal demonstrate to a company's customers their dedication to good business. Click Here to view our Membership DIrectory
Company Reliability Reports
- The BBB provides information about companies, including a customer's experience with the company, and the company's history of responsiveness to matters brought to their attention by the Better Business Bureau office; this includes advertising issues and customer disputes. Click Here to Request A Reliability Report
- The Better Business Bureau has a wealth of information available to its business members and consumers at all times. The BBB publishes a wide variety of consumer information publications, public library videos, and Internet advisories to assist you, your employees and customers in making wise purchasing decisions. The Better Business Bureau also works closely with governmental agencies to keep the community informed on changes in regulation, unethical activities, or illegal business practices. Use the links on the right to find more information.
- Trained professionals assist businesses with maintaining an effective line of communication with customers by serving as a neutral third party in a dispute situation. If disputes can not be resolved on a voluntary basis, a process of binding arbitration may be offered as a means of resolving the dispute. Click Here to File A Complaint
- The BBB makes efforts to monitor advertising in the marketplace and to assist businesses in correcting potential problems.
- The BBB alerts you, your employees, and law enforcement agencies about current marketplace scams and frauds.
- For businesses that qualify, the BBB awards online reliability and privacy seals to inform prospective customers that the web site meets specific standards.
Other Bureaus - Information about other Better Business Bureau offices near you can be obtained using the Council of Better Business Bureau's search tools at lookup.bbb.org
Council of Better Business Bureau
- The Council of Better Business Bureau's web site www.bbb.org
provides a variety of information to consumers every day. Through this web site consumers can obtain information on companies outside your immediate area by clicking on either Business or Charity under the "CHECK IT OUT" section. Complaints can be filed online and will be routed directly to the BBB where the company is located by clicking on File A Complaint. If you are having problems with a new vehicle click on Lemon Law/Auto Warranty. For general consumer information click on Consumer Information. To find out about charities before making your donations to see if they meet Wise Giving Standards click on Check Out a Charity. To help you be a safe online shopper, click on BBB Online Safe Shopping. You can also find more information through the Special Feature links.
The BBBOnLine Program
- BBBOnLine is the web's most prominent self-regulation program for online marketers. Let your online customers know that you adhere to a code of online business ethics, an online code of advertising, and customer satisfaction. For more information about the BBBOnLine program and how to make your company a part of this program, visit www.bbbonline.org
on the web.
Consumer and Business Links
- The following list of useful and informative sites, like the BBB, provide informational resources that promote and foster high ethical business standards and practices. These links are provided as general information only. The Better Business Bureau of Northern Nevada in no way endorses or is affiliated with any of the the following organizations except the Council of Better Business Bureaus.